I just have to blog today about something that I think plagues more of us than we realize-guilt. Being a mom comes with a lot of wonderful blessings and I know I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. But then there is the guilt of trying to be the perfect mom, how do we balance our life so that our kids eat like they should, get read too each day, have clean matching clothes, do their homework, have one on one time, live in a clean house, are to all of their activities on time, kept healthy, have good influences surround them, keep them guarded from bad influences, the list goes on and on. Plus we have to deal with the guilt of how we handle things when they fall apart- which they more than likely will at some point in time.
I have been overly stressed the last week trying to be the perfect mom, providing my kids with all they need on limited time and resources. It finally dawned on me last night as I was snuggling with my kids on the couch watching TV- that is what they need most, not the perfect mom, just me relaxed and just showing them that I love them and love to spend time with them doing anything. Cherish the time, don't waste it on guilt.
2 comments:
You are a great mom and your boys love you! Don't stress you have enough on your plate not to worry about this! Love you
Don't worry the guilt never ends! LOL!!! You are a wonderful mom and you can only do what you are physically able to do. Your boys do need you to snuggle and love them and you need it too! I love you so much. Here's a huge hug from your mom!
Post a Comment