Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year... New Post

First of all Happy New Year to all of our Friends and family!!

So much has happened since my last post, Christmas, Brenden's birthday, New Year's ...
So I will start with Christmas. We were very blessed this year. I had a wonderful Christmas eve and Christmas morning with my boys. Santa came and brought the boys more than they were expecting. We had a nice dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Red's house where we enjoyed Christmas stories read by Grandma and Grandpa Great topped off by a quick visit with Santa (it was very nice of him to take time out of his busy night to say hi to our family).
The boys then went to their Dad's house Christmas afternoon, and I had a week to myself. It was actually very hard for me as I have only been away from Bracken once before for that long.
I want to say thanks though to all of my friends and family who kept me busy with dinner's and hanging out that week.
Then as you all know Brenden had his birthday on New Year's eve- he turned Eight this year. I really have no idea how we got to eight so fast. I still remember the snowy day he came into the world like it was yesterday. It was hard missing his big day, but he had a fun Harry Potter birthday party with his Stender side of the family. And on Saturday when he came home we went out to dinner with the Hoesch side to his favorite restaurant, Red Robin. That kid loves his cheeseburgers.
Tomorrow he is getting baptized, its a big day he has been looking forward to for a year now; since we went to Great to Be eight last year in our old ward. His grandpa will baptize him and my grandpa will confirm him. I am hoping it will be a good experience for us all.
So another year has come and gone and a lot has happened. I am looking forward to this year and all of the new adventures it will bring. I have a feeling it will be a good one for my boys and me.

No comments: