Friday, February 11, 2011

Gifted and Talented

A quick update on our little troop:

Bridger has gotten glasses, he loves them so far. I got him two pair so we have been able to keep track of at least one at all times. When he brought them home he asked me if he could be like Harry Potter and put them on his dresser at night when he sleeps. We have since then learned to put them up a little higher than that when he takes them off as Bracken loves to get a hold of them and "try them on".

Brenden apparently is gifted and talented, but does not share this information with his mother. I was asked about a competition he was in for his school by Kelli who heard about it from a friend of our family. Yeah, I am the mom looking at people with that clueless face of huh? My son is in a gifted and talented reading competition at school? Apparently he really is because he was chosen out of everyone from kindergarten to third grade to go represent his school at the district level. I have no idea where he got this talent from, but I wish he would tell me he has it so I can brag instead of give blank stares when asked about it.

Bracken has been going through a growth spurt, so all he does is eat and sleep. He now out eats Brenden, which if any of you have seen Brenden eat know this is A LOT of food. He loves to read stories with people and begs to read more and more everyday. We are working on his talking as he has a hard time with beginning sounds of words, and reading with him is a great Way to do that.
He is now obsessed with two movies, Wall-E and Spongebob, so we switch off between the two every other day.

All in all we are doing pretty good, we are getting ready to move again the beginning of April, so I am going through and throwing away everything we haven't used the last 9 months we have been in this house. The less we have to move the better.
Brenden and Bridger both got their Gold belts in Karate, and are still practicing their moves on each other. I think we will be taking a break from that soon as they both want to try t-ball.
They definitely keep me hoping and I love being their mom.

No comments: