So I am on my way to work on Monday and thinking today must be my lucky day as I am hitting every light green, and I am making up time for Bracken throwing a fit on our way out the door. It is going to be a good week. Then suddenly the car in front of me moves quickly into the other lane and I notice the car in front of them is at a complete stop and I am going about 60 mph, yes I am going to crash, I slam on the brakes and brace myself for the hit. It was a hard hit but not as hard as the one that followed that one. I was sandwiched between two cars my airbag is deployed my arm is a bloody mess and yes I admit several bad words came out of my mouth at that moment.
So then I made the list of to-do's in my head (as I always do) I call 911, then my boss at work and then my dad- when I hear his "Hello?" I loose it, I break down into a mess of tears give him the wrong address where I am and I am sure totally panicked him. I realize a few minutes later what I did call him back and he is there to rescue me in a few moments.
The good news is: I am ok except for a burn on my arm and some soreness, the bad news is my car is totaled. My Insurance wont cover my loan and I now have the stress of trying to find another car with my horrible credit as a person going through divorce and a single mom who makes barley enough to pay my bills each month. "Hence the new string to my yarn ball of stress."
Here is the damage I caused to the front:
Here is the damage the girl caused to the back and side of my car:
My poor car :(
It was a good car. I got it at a crazy sale where people with bad credit came and stood for an hour touching the car they wanted before the car lot opened.
It has been through two moves, a few trips, and has been reliable for me and my boys to get to baseball, school, work, karate, family's houses etc...
Thank you car for all you have done for us.



1 comment:
This is so sad! I hope you find a great new car and get better quickly.
Post a Comment