Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Baby Goes to Pre-School


So as many of you know my Bracken is in speech therapy, at the end of last Summer his teacher told me he would be starting the speech class at the school he will be going to when he starts Kindergarten. So I figured he would be in a class, like pre-school, and thought I didn't need to worry about getting him a separate pre-school class. Well his speech teacher called me a few days ago and let me know that since he is not in Kindergarten yet she will work with him on his own once every other week for a half hour. What?!? That is it? I am thinking that is not enough time to get him talking, let alone get him ready to start full-day kindergarten next year. So what does a mom do in our day and age? Turn to facebook of course. I ask for recommendations from other facebook moms in our area, 4 of them mention the same school so I figure I will try it. I call and they have one opening, it is for a 4 year old boy- I am thinking at his point I am not hearing right, one opening left for the year, and it is for a boy Bracken's age- hooray! So I ask what I need to do, fill out the application , pay the fee etc... The lady on the phone says the class starts tomorrow could he just come and you can fill out the paperwork there? Wait, what, my baby is starting school in one day? So here I am sitting at work nervously waiting to hear from Pam about how he will do being dropped off and then to hear from Eric how he did and liked school. Being a mom is so nerve racking sometimes.   

No comments: