So the past couple of days I have been finding and killing earwigs like crazy in the house, I looked it up on the Internet and it said if it rains a lot sometimes there are more than normal amounts of earwigs. I was cleaning up after lunch today I picked up Bracken's high chair and five of them were crawling on the bottom-I freaked out and decided I had to do something to get rid of them!! So off to Walmart I went, apparently none of the safe pesticides kill earwigs, you need the tough stuff because they are like beetles. So I bought a bunch of the non-environmental friendly kind and decided I will put it out everywhere tonight after my kids go to bed since we are leaving for a couple of days this weekend for the fourth, then it should be safe for my kids when we get back. When we got home, I decided I will take care of the outside, since my kids were going to bed. I got the lawn done then I bought this powder stuff you sprinkle around the foundation of your house and in your window wells. So I got most of it done, I am on the last side of my house and I am sprinkling the powder down in a window well when I notice there is a bird down there!! Ahh!! I am panicking that I killed a bird (I for some reason have no problem killing a lot of creepy crawlies, but a bird is totally different). So I make Bryan go and get a box and a towel to reach down into the sill and catch the bird. It turns out it is a baby robin, suddenly two very angry big robins are chasing Bryan across the yard and bombing towards his head. I tell him to just leave the box under the tree it must have fallen out of and run!! Both of us are now laughing, and Brenden and Bridger are almost in tears afraid for the baby robin. We decide to go into the house and monitor the situation from there. The baby hoped out of the box and we are not sure where it went, but the parents were following it.
Hopefully I killed a bunch of earwigs, spiders, and ants and no baby birds!!
Have a happy and safe fourth everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment