Friday, November 16, 2007

November 16, 2007







What a busy week!! I don't know how working mothers do it all of the time!! I feel like a chicken with my head cut off, running to work, then to school, then to the doctor's, then to meetings, weddings and dinners etc... I need a couple of me to get everything done!!

I will be glad when Sunday comes and I can relax a little-my family will be happy I think too.

This week I was faced with the dilemma of whether Vaccines are safe and helpful, or do they cause more trouble than they are worth? Also are you a bad mom if you don't get your kids a vaccine? It took me days to decide whether I should get my kids a flu shot. I didn't want them to get one and then get sick from it, and there are so many stories out there of kids who get shots and then end up with lifetime problems. But then if they don't get a shot and I get sick and end up in the hospital while pregnant, or Bridger ends up having more problems with his asthma, or they get sick and miss out on holiday fun or school. And if my kids get the flu and get the throwing up part, would I be able to handle it? Well Kelli came to visit me at work on Tuesday and told me Kayla's doctor had to hospitalize two of her asthma patients that morning. I decided to get them immunized and it was awful. I still have to hold Brenden down as they shoot toxins into his body. Tonight Bridger has a fever and is very ornery. Was it the right decision? I felt good about it right after it was done-like I was a super mom saving them from getting a horrible flu bug. But watching Bridger tonight I am beginning to question myself. Does anyone else go through this much pain over such decisions-or am I just a crazy mom?



No comments: