
So Bracken has reached that blessed age where I can have him entertain himself for a little while each day in his "Jumperoo". (For those of you who do not know what a jumperoo is, it is the best thing invented since the Saucer toy, babies can sit in it and jump and play with toys.) I made a big dinner tonight with mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, and even artichokes as the vegetable. I actually had my hands to myself, which is a great blessing, but then they started to feel a little empty. I love that my baby is growing up healthy and happy, but it also makes me sad at the same time-a feeling only a mom would understand!!On another note, I have started "water aerobics" at my gym the last two weeks-it is something doctors have been telling me I should do for years, because you get a work out for your muscles but no pressure is put on your joints. It actually is a harder workout than I thought it would be, it reminds me of a kick-boxing class underwater. The reason I bring this up though is I was listening to the other ladies in my class tonight comparing their swimsuit bodies to one another, wishing they could look like someone else, or have so and so's legs etc... The funny thing is the girl I wish I looked like was saying she wished she looked like another, it made me wonder if anyone is happy with the way they look. I don't think anyone truly is, their is always something you can find wrong with yourself, but if we dwell on that one part we miss out on the good qualities we have. I am going to try look in the mirror each day and find one good thing about myself, soon I hope I will forget to focus on the bad!!
3 comments:
Girl! I would give anything to have legs like yours!! I remember all the guys in high school drooling over them underneath your cheer skirt. Hot legs on a cold night at a rowdy football game!!!! Yeah you know it!!! I envy your willpower. And I totally LOVE my jumperoo. It gets even sadder when they hit that point were they are old enough to gather it up and move it from spot to spot. Thats when you know they are obviously to old for it!! Mine is just sitting in the corner gathering dust. It is so depressing my baby is almost not a baby anymore. Wah!!!!
I know what you mean about these little ones growing up too fast - just wait until you are grandma and your grandkids start going to school! :D)
I am so happy that you are taking the water aerobics class - it is going to make a huge difference in how you feel. I have always thought that you are an amazing and beautiful woman - I'm so glad that you are trying recognize the many wonderful things about yourself.
I love you tons and tons!
Mom
Lets just say I have always envied things about you that I wished I had been blessed with, your big eyes, big lips, smaller chest.. I could go on and on.
Post a Comment