Monday, October 27, 2008

Trauma... to start out the week!


So Bridger decided he wanted to play Play-Doh this morning after we dropped Brenden off at school, I told him that was fine but he would have to wait for me to feed Bracken first. He decided he could not wait so he went and tried to get the Play-Doh out himself and knocked out a glass cup out of the cupboard shattering it. I then called for him to just get out of the kitchen and away from the glass before he cut himself, he took that to mean try to clean up sharp glass shards by yourself, next thing I know he is screaming his head off and we are heading to the doctor!! 2 1/2 hours and one stitch later we are now back at home and it hurts him so bad he cries every time he just catches a glimpse of it. (The doctor didn't numb him before giving the stitch because he didn't want to poke him twice when he could only do it once-I am thinking this was a mistake as his finger would still be numb and he would be feeling better).
Ah well-never a dull moment!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Patti that is so sad! But oh so funny!! Your right, It has to be the name Bridger. Poor thing. The Dr. that did Bridger had some kind of numbing stuff, that they put on a cotton ball, and then held on his head to numb the area. The joy of raising Boys!!!