Yesterday we took Brenden in for his Kindergarten check-up and shots. He is very healthy and they said he is tall and skinny for his age (surprise surprise). The doctor understood everything Brenden told him and he answered all of his questions perfectly. Then came the dreaded trip "downstairs" to the immunization desk. Brenden did really good until we actually walked into the room, then he started screaming and trying to get out the door. I had to wrestle him down and get him up on the table (not an easy feat for a 35 week pregnant woman). Then I pulled his pants down and held tight to his arms. The girl got nervous to give him the shots because he was flailing around like a mad-man, she wanted to wait for someone else to come in and hold Brenden down. I said just do it (I was also running late to get Bridger to school). She gave him the shots and he didn't even notice because he was freaking out, and Bridger was laughing hysterically at him making him mad at Bridger. Then the poor girl made the mistake to tell me in front of Brenden that she had to give the shots in his muscle so he would be sore for a while. Brenden then decided he couldn't walk because his muscles had shots in them. I told him he could call his dad and tell him all about it, suddenly he was walking just fine holding the cell phone. We made it to the car and he said he had to crawl in because it hurt so bad. He made it to seat, barley, and then cried all the way to Bridger's school. When we got home I gave him some Ibuprofen and let him lay down in my bed with a heating pad on his owies. Then it was time for his school and he was fine. After school though he came running out until he noticed me, then he started limping again. He told me he hurt his shots on the slide at school. I told him it would be best if we went home and rested then. Luckily both boys fell asleep when we got home. I took a nap with them, then Bryan got home and it started all over again. We have to take band-aids off of Brenden ASAP because he gets rashes if you leave them on too long, so we decided to take the band-aids off. He cried again for 10 minutes and then was fine, until he had to change in his PJ's for bed. He said he couldn't wear pants because his legs hurt so bad, so we got a big T-shirt he could sleep in. Now he woke up and told me his other leg hurt worse today.Oh the things we go through to keep them healthy!!Brenden In His Jammie Shirt
And Now for the baby and me. I had my Doctor's appointment on Monday. The baby is measuring big, we're not sure if we had the due date wrong or if my diabetes is affecting the baby's growth. He is still lying sideways so he can't be born naturally the way he is lying. I am getting an Ultra Sound and a Non stress test for the baby on Monday morning, so we will see what they can tell us. I am just sitting here nervous now hoping I don't go into labor until we know what's going on. But the baby is still moving a lot and his heartbeat sounds good, so we are grateful for that!!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Drama Over Our Health Updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment