Today I was walking Brenden into the school to his kindergarten class, He was holding my hand in the parking lot. As soon as we walked in the doors he let go of my hand, I commented, half joking, that he was getting too old to hold his mommies hand inside the school where people could see. He looked at me and smiled and then I put my arm on his shoulder, he reached up and squeezed my hand, and kept holding it until we got to his class. He then gave me a big a hug and said he loved me, I then had the thought that it won't be too much longer and he will probably want me to just drop him off in front of the school, but for know he isn't embarrassed to give his mom a hug or a squeeze of the hand to make sure she isn't sad he let go of her hand first. These little moments make being a mom the best thing in the world!!
Some Old Pictures of Brenden and me:



2 comments:
I loved your thoughts and I have to agree that time goes by faster than you could possibly imagine. I too love that Brenden isn't too big to give grandma a hug and to want to sit with me and read stories. All of these "babies" have grown up so fast! Enjoy every minute of your time with them...before you know it you will be rocking and loving their babies!
Love you tons,
Mom
That is very cute!
Post a Comment