Friday, May 1, 2009

Shark Teeth, Surfing and Fish

So we have had a busy week here at our house, we have had sicknesses, volunteering at schools and dentist appointments-all in the last two days! On Tuesday I volunteered to go make a "thank You" bulletin board for Brenden's teacher from the PTA. If you know me, you know I love to do stuff like this! So I decided to do a fish/ocean themed board-little did I know we would have a fish/ocean themed couple of days!! Here is the board I made: After I got done putting this all together I had to go volunteer at Bridger's school. And guess what they are learning about this week-Oceans!! So here are some pictures I took of some activities I did with Bridger at his school:


"Surfing to Beach Boys Music"


"Scuba Diving looking at real animals from the ocean like Starfish"



And Bridger being a "Sea Bird" trying to catch fish to eat.


They really do the funnest things in his preschool-I love going and volunteering there!!


The next morning Brenden woke up with a sore throat and cough and he just said he didn't feel to good, so I decided to have him stay home from school. I also thought it would be a good idea to look in his throat and make sure I didn't see any white patches that might be strep-as I was looking in his mouth this is what I found:


An extra tooth!




We called the dentist right away and explained what we were seeing, he said to bring him in On Thursday and he would probably have to have his front teeth pulled.
Thursday morning Brenden woke up still not feeling totally up to par, so I let him stay home again-we took Bridger and Bracken to Aunt Kels house then we headed to the dentist. The dentist took one look at his teeth and said there is a zero to nil chance there will be room in his mouth for his permanent teeth. My heart just sank-as many of you know I had this same problem as a little kid-it looks like a future of spacers and retainers (Hopefully he is the only one to get my small mouth). The dentist also found a couple of cavities so Brenden got his first fillings. He did so good, he is much braver than I was at his age!!
Here he is enjoyng himself on the laughing gas!

The dentist also told me that this small mouth condition is called "Shark Teeth" since the teeth grow in rows like a shark, so Brenden now says he has Shark Teeth and it makes him eat faster!!
He has such a good attitude, but he also has no idea what is in store for his poor little mouth-hopefully they have made some advances since I had to go through all of this and he won't have to be in as much pain as I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sisters had that problem, but I guess were lucky that it was only the k9 teeth on the top row. They just had an extra set of teeth! We just had Kayley and emma in the dentist last wed. Kayley was measured for a retainer. She has a funky front tooth that isn't being nice so she has to wear a retainer. So in 2 weeks we have to go back to see if it fits. The joys of motherhood!!!