
So the other night I was sitting in the front yard watching my boys playing and waiting for Bryan to get home from scouts when I noticed that a lot of birds were attacking my cherries in our cherry tree. I suddenly got the urgency to pick all of the cherries I could before they all ended up as bird food. I got a large bowl full, with the help of my boys and Bryan, then I decided I better can them right then before they go bad sitting in a big bowl in my kitchen (like the last two summers). I looked up how to can cherries on the Internet and stayed up until midnight canning three jars of cherries, and one jar of cherry juice. Luckily one of the jars didn't set right so we got to eat those ones right away-and I am a good cherry caner (if that is the right term). Now we have cherries to go with our lunches this week!! Yeah for wild hairs, and for me domesticating myself-I think I am now ready to go to the farmers market and find more fruit to can!!
Cute pictures of Bracken at the Park:
(It is so fun to watch him get bigger and do new things on his own!!)

No comments:
Post a Comment