Monday, April 4, 2011
Post-21 How I got my Scars
OK, so my scars are usually things I try not to draw attention too, but I do have a few that come with some interesting stories. I will start with my leg, when I was younger I was pushed off of a trampoline by a boy in our neighborhood and ended up breaking my foot. They had these cool new casts made out of fiberglass that came in colors, yes I am giving away my age here, anyway I had a bright pink cast I had to wear for several weeks. When it was time to take the cast off my doctor had not realized he needed a new special saw to take the fiberglass casts off, he thought he could use the same saw he used to take off the plaster casts. So, as a young girl, I was already a little disturbed by the fact a saw was getting close to my leg at all, my mom assured me the doctor wouldn't cut me. As he started to saw the fiberglass actually starts to melt to my leg, so of course I scream for him to stop. The doctor and my mom tell me to just relax and it will be off, but I swear it hurts when he turns the saw on my leg, I didn't know the difference between getting burned and cutting my flesh. Finally I had to kick the doctor with my cast in the face to get him to stop- my mom was mortified I actually kicked his glasses off of his face. He then decided to pry the rest of the cast off my leg instead of cut it off, my mom's mortification then turned to anger when she saw he had burned my leg. The bones in my foot healed great and I now have a few scars up on my leg all from being pushed off the trampoline by a mean boy. I have a few other scars, a few on my hands from a cute little Kitten Bryan and I adopted when we were first married. She grew into a big fat cat, but when she was a kitten she had sharp claws that she used to hold herself up and attach herself to you to get to high places or from high places to the floor. I also have a scar on my wrist from carpal tunnel syndrome, one of the many things they thought I had before I was diagnosed with Lupus. That is pretty much for scars, unless you count my birthmark, which I got at birth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment