Brenden in his "pow-wow" gear from school today
Bridger in his "turkey" hat he made in Preschool todaySo I think to make up for Holiday days everyone shoves as much as possible into the days before a long weekend starts. Today I had two class parties, a birthday party, Reflection stuff, and my new church calling (Compassionate Service Leader) meeting. In between this I had a not so very happy teething baby, who just wanted to be held, Grocery shopping, and making dinner. I guess it is a very good thing I got sick during the weekend so I could make it through today!! I am looking forward to a long weekend without school, but I will be busy each day. Tomorrow I am watching Jon's kids for him, since their Daycare is closed for the holiday, Thursday I will be cooking and going to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner, Kelli has big plans for us to go shopping on Friday, and Saturday we are going Christmas Tree Hunting. I guess the only thing we can do is count our blessings and enjoy all of the company we will have surrounding us during these busy times!!
Just a side note, my new calling is basically to take care of a family who just had Quads in our ward, they were featured on a story on Fox 13 news tonight if anyone saw it. Anyway it is my job to schedule feedings for them every 3 hours for 40 minutes (and this can only be done by people without kids under 12), find meals, diapers, Wipes, Formula, and people to do things like Laundry. I personally will not be able to do anything hands on, since I have kids under 12, but I think I will grow to love these babies really quickly!!
(I was thinking this would be the first year I would have a restful December, since I will not be the Primary Secretary, but I am now thinking I was wrong!!)
Anyway wish me luck and keep me in your thoughts and prayers that I will be able to help this family the best I can!!
My boys are so lucky to have a dad who reads to them every night, no matter how tired he is from the events of the day!!
1 comment:
They look so cute! Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.
Post a Comment