Let me start out by saying I am blogging at 1:42 in the morning and I am exhausted and emotional!! I will start out with the beginning of my day, so I woke up to this most hideous sound, like a seal barking in my room. I instantly knew something was wrong I sat up just in time to grab the garbage by my bed to have Bridger throw up. I then noticed he couldn't breath, he was gasping for air and his lips were blue. So I grabbed him and ran him outside, we sat on the front porch taking deep breaths until He sounded closer to normal. I then called and woke up Kelli and told her we were all on our way to her house so that Bridger could have a Albuterol treatment, she has a nebulizer for Kayla. This was 7:30 in the morning. After we went and sat at aunt Kels house for 4 hours (so we could get 2 treatments) we went to the store to get goodies for Brenden's birthday party tomorrow and some more medicine for Bridger. We got home about 1:00 I made lunch got Bracken taking a nap and then it was time for Bryan to be home. When he got home I announced we were taking all of the boys out for haircuts. Bracken got his first haircut, he was very good and looks very handsome (Of course). After the haircuts we headed home we walked in the door and Bridger couldn't breath again, I knew that it was time to break down and force him to go to the doctors-he hates the doctors. I got him to go by explaining he wouldn't be getting a shot, the doctor would just listen to his breathing check his ears etc... When we got there they checked his oxygen levels and he was in the low 80s, which isn't very good. They immediately gave him another Albuterol treatment and some oxygen. We got his levels up into the nineties and the doctor ordered chest X-Rays, he did so good. They got the X-rays back and let us know his Airway was constricted to the point of almost being closed off, so he would need a shot of a steroid. Ahh!! I promised no shots, when the nurse came in with the needle he looked at me like I had lied to him and yelled no you promised no pokies!! On top of this guilt they made me hug him and pin him down while they administered the shot, needless to say I had finally had enough, my baby is turning 6 tomorrow, Bracken got his first haircut today, and Bridger might have to go to the hospital because he can't breath and they were forcing me to torture him!! I broke down and had a minute or two of bawling, I am sure the people at Kids care think I lost my mind!! Oh well I pretty much had at that point!! Luckily the shot worked and his airway opened enough they would let us take him home, however we still have to wake him up every two hours for treatments and listen to him all night long, if he starts wheezing bad again I have to take him to the ER, so here I am listening to him breath and blogging until it's time for the next treatment-I don't think I will make it to ring in the new year tomorrow!!
Bridger In the Doctor's office:
“Motherhood is priced of God, at price no man may dare to lessen or misunderstand.”




3 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that. We had a scare on sunday with Sawyer, they thought he had RSV and wanted to admit him to Primarys! His oxygen nevel was at 83 and that was not good. But once they tested him again it went to 100 percent so they also let us take him home. It was so scary, so I kinda know how you feel. Hope that things get better. Happy New year!!
I know exactly how you feel. I have been that crying mother in kids care before. He will be fine and You will be fine. It is just one of those many tests as mothers we have to take. I love you and you are a great mom. Any time you need to come to my house for help you know that I am here.
Patti, girl you just move so fast, with so many things!! I admire your resilience. Out of anyone, you deserve a free breakdown!! I would have lost it at the time of your "kicking myself" blog and climbed in a hole to never recover! You fumbled, recovered and moved on. So I have no doubt you will this time! I love you girl, and yes Bracken still looks as handsome as ever with his new cut!
Post a Comment